Today, the term “native app” has become almost synonymous with mobile app development. However, with the rise of hybrid apps and cross-platform solutions, this is no longer the case. An increasing number of new developers are building hybrid apps because they’re simpler to build and launch than a fully native app. With a hybrid app, you can combine visual elements from separate codebases while keeping your implementation simple. But why should you adopt a cross-platform strategy for your next mobile app? Let’s take a look at some convincing reasons why your next app needs to be cross-platform:
Cross-Platform Apps Are The Path To Success
If you want to succeed in the fiercely competitive world of today’s digital landscape, you need to be cross-platform. A successful app isn’t built in a vacuum, it’s built in the context of the ecosystem that surrounds it. If you build your app as a cross-platform solution, you’re more likely to hit the right note in both app stores and increase your chances of success. Successful apps exist in ecosystems. They have thriving app stores, a robust social presence, and a community of dedicated users. Your cross-platform app is your gateway to all of these things. You don’t have the luxury of choosing your ecosystem. You don’t get to decide whether to build for iOS or Android. You need to be flexible and build for the world your audience lives in. It’s in this context that your app will be discovered, used, and loved. It’s in this context that your app will succeed or fail.
A Cross-Platform App Is Future-Proofed
One of the best reasons to build a cross-platform app is that it’s future-proof. You probably don’t know what new hardware and software will be released in the next few years. But you can be confident that a cross-platform solution will work across different devices — because it’s already working on different devices. Your app is living on different platforms right now. It’s being used by testers on Android, on the iOS emulator, and on a wide range of real devices. It’s already future-proof. Not only are you building your app with future-proofed technology, but you’re also future-proofing your business too. You can’t predict what will happen in the future, but you can be certain that your business will be affected by new hardware and software. Your cross-platform app will be ready for whatever the future holds.
Consistent User Experience Is Crucial
The key to a successful mobile app is a consistent user experience. Your users can’t see the device they’re using; they only see your app. They won’t see any difference between an app built for iOS and an app built for Android. However, they will see a difference if you’ve built a hybrid app. A hybrid app uses code from both platforms to create a consistent user experience. The app is built with a single codebase, and the user experience is consistent across both operating systems. A hybrid app combines elements from a native app with elements from a web app. The native app part of your hybrid app gives your app access to the device’s hardware (such as the camera and GPS). The web app part of your hybrid app gives you access to the internet. Combining these elements results in a consistent user experience across both operating systems.
Improved User Engagement
The best way to increase user engagement is to create an app that people love to use. However, you can’t guarantee that your app will delight your users if it’s only available on a single platform. Building a hybrid app means you’re able to offer your app everywhere. You can increase user engagement by offering your app across multiple platforms. You can increase the user base for your app by making it available on as many platforms as possible. If you only have an app for iOS, you’re limiting your user base to around 90% of the world’s smartphone users. If you have an Android app, you’re reaching a significant portion of the remaining 10%. If you have a hybrid app, you can reach every smartphone user on the planet. There are more than 2 billion smartphone users globally. If you want to engage as many of them as possible, you need a cross-platform solution.
A cross-platform app is a great way to reach more users and future-proof your app. https://litslink.com/blog/best-cross-platform-mobile-development-tools can help you reach more users and engage them better, which can lead to more conversions and more success for your app.
Leave a Reply