Travelers from Estonia who are planning a trip to India can now benefit from the Indian electronic travel authorization, which is basically an online visa available for certain eligible countries.
The whole process to obtain this permit is done electronically, which means Estonians do not need to visit Indian embassies, consulates, or immigration offices.
Citizens of Estonia are invited to read on to learn how to complete their online requests in a matter of minutes.
Prerequisites to Enter India From Estonia With an e-Visa
If nationals from Estonia need to gain legal access to India, they first must comply with the Indian Visa for Estonia Citizens entry requirements, which are a series of prerequisites, documents, and terms that the Indian government has established as the minimum conditions to grant an online visa.
The following are the prerequisites that Estonians must abide by before traveling to the country:
- An Estonian passport that is valid for at least 6 months of validity, counting from the date of planned arrival in India, and two blank pages
- A scanned copy of the Estonian passport’s biographical page
- A recent picture of the applicant that follows the Indian eVisa guidelines for photographs
- Proof of sufficient funds to cover the expenses generated during the trip to India
- Copy of a return place ticket or onward journey ticket
- An accessible email address where all the information regarding the India eVisa application can be sent
- A current, valid debit or credit card that can be used to pay the Indian online visa’s processing fee
Once visitors from Estonia have gathered all this information and met these conditions, they can start completing the online application form offered by India.
How To Apply to the India eVisa From Estonia
The Indian application form to obtain an eVisa is extremely easy to access and takes around 15 minutes to complete. Estonians are prompted to fill in their personal and travel details with enough time before their trip so that they avoid unforeseen issues and delays in the issuance of the online permit.
Note: all the information provided by Estonian applicants must be truthful, clear, and complete for the request to be processed successfully.
Questions asked on the India eVisa’s application form for Estonians
The questions asked during the completion of Indian Visa for Estonia Citizens form can be divided into three main categories:
- Full name (first name and last name as they appear on the passport)
- Date and place of birth
- Nationality (in this case, Estonian)
- Contact information: home address, telephone number, and email address
- Marital status
- Profession or occupation
- Educational qualification (if relevant)
- Passport number
- Passport’s date of expiry
- Passport’s date of issuance
- Details of stay: itinerary, accommodation, and travel plans while in India
- Proof of onward travel
Security and health details
- Details about the Estonian’s criminal record (if any)
- Any relevant health conditions that are deemed serious or can affect others
It is also important that Estonians have the mandatory digital copy of their passport’s bio page and their online photograph at hand when they complete the application form.
Estonians must pay Indian online visa’s fee
The final step to complete the application form to get an eVisa to India is to pay a processing fee. Nationals from Estonia can do so by using a credit or debit card.
The payment process will occur through a secure, electronic platform that is completely reliable for international transactions of the sort.
India’s eVisa requested from Estonia: processing times
Once the application form has been completed and submitted, Estonian citizens can expect a processing time of up to 4 days to receive a response. If the eVisa to India is granted, then they will get an email with the travel document in PDF format, which must be printed out and carried with them during their journey.
Even though most applications are processed rapidly, Estonian travelers must be cautious and apply with sufficient time to avoid possible delays due to high seasons or bank holidays in India.
How Can Estonians Use the Indian Online Visa?
Estonians must note the Indian Visa for British Citizens
is quite versatile since it can be used for different travel purposes. In other words, there are different types of Indian eVisas available for Estonian applicants, which are meant to cover various reasons to enter the country.
The most common type is the tourist eVisa to India, which allows Estonian nationals to enter the country for leisure (visiting family, touring, attending yoga and meditation retreats, for instance). It is a double-entry visa valid for a full year that permits a total stay of up to 90 days.
Estonians seeking to make business in India can apply to the Indian eBusiness visa. This multiple-entry travel authorization is granted for 1 year and allows holders from Estonia to stay in the country for 180 days.
Finally, the electronic visa to India can also be used as a way to access the country for medical treatments. Estonian visitors have the option to apply for India’s eMedical visa (if they are the patients who will be treated) or to request an India eMedical attendant visa (if they need to accompany a patient). Both are triple-entry permits that allow stays of up to 60 days.
Important: there are certain extra, mandatory requirements that Estonian citizens need to submit if they are applying for the business and medical versions of the Indian eVisa.