Norton is a top security program that offers excellent security features to the users. You can use Norton antivirus on various devices. Norton setup is also very simple to set up and use. This security program provides tools for data and internet security. Installing Norton on the computer assures that the system is protected from all threats. You have to purchase a Norton subscription and activate the Norton account on your system. The user can run the Norton tool until the subscription expiry date. You can get a subscription for a year. After the subscription expiry, you can renew the plan to use the tools. Instead of renewing Norton’s antivirus manually; Norton offers auto-renewal service. It renews the Norton subscription before the expiry date. But if you are not using your Norton antivirus anymore then you should disable the Norton auto-renewal service. Otherwise, the plan will continue to renew automatically.
Steps to block Norton antivirus auto-renewal service from the dashboard
- If you have Norton set up on the device, use the dashboard.
- Open your device and click on the Norton icon
- Norton dashboard will appear on the screen
- Click on Norton’s profile
- Tap on the Account page
- Click on the Subscription window
- You will see your plan’s subscription details
- Hit on the Cancel button next to the plan
- Again check the subscription page
- You will see an expiry date next to the Norton plan
Now your auto-renewal service is disabled. You can use the program until the given date.
Blocking Norton antivirus auto-renewal from an online account
If you are using another device or you have uninstalled Norton setup then you can use the online account. You can disable the auto-renewal by canceling your Norton subscription. Once you cancel the subscription, Norton’s auto-renewal service gets disabled automatically.
- Open a web browser and search for Norton
- Go to the Norton website and click on the Login button
- You have to enter Norton credential
- Norton account will appear on the screen
- Tap on Norton profile page
- Click on the Subscription window
- Check your Norton plan details
- Hit the Cancel button next to it
A confirmation wizard will appear; select Confirm button and now the Norton subscription will cancel. When you reopen the subscription page, you will see the expiry date of the program. Use the program till the date and then the plan will expire without renewing automatically.
Disabling Norton auto-renewal on Android device
On Android devices, you have to use the Play Store for installing programs and subscriptions. You can also use it to cancel the subscription.
- Open Play Store on your phone
- Check the profile to assure that you are using the correct account
- Hit on the Payments and Subscription tab
- Select Subscription tab
- The user will get the items of subscribed apps
- Choose Norton antivirus
- Scroll down and tap on the Cancel button
Hit on Confirm option and now the auto-renewal will be disabled. Open the subscription page and you will see the expiry date of your Norton antivirus. Use the Norton tools to date and then you can remove the Norton app from your device.
Get your refund on auto-renewal
If you forgot to disable the auto-renewal feature of your device then the plan will renew automatically and payment will be done from your account. In case you don’t want to use the program then you can cancel the auto-renewed plan and request a refund. But your plan must be under refund policies. You can only request a refund within 30 days of auto-renewal. Go to your Norton account and check whether the plan is under refund policy or not. If yes then cancel the auto-renewed plan to get the refund.
- Open your Norton antivirus account
- Select the subscription page
- You will see your auto-renewed plan
- Hit the Cancel button
- The refund wizard will appear on the desktop
- Choose refund and tap on Confirm button
The auto-renewed plan will get canceled. Now the user will get a refund confirmation email on the registered email address. Go to your Norton subscription and you will see Expired status next to the plan. After expiry, you can’t use any of the Norton tools on your device. You will get the refund of Norton auto-renewal in a few days.
Use the Norton trial plan before purchasing a subscription
Many times the user purchases a Norton subscription but doesn’t like its tools. He has to apply for a refund on Norton’s subscription. Instead of purchasing, you can use a 30-day trial plan on Norton antivirus. You can get this trial on any Norton antivirus plan.
- Go to the Norton antivirus website
- Check for Norton plan
- Select plans that are compatible with your system
- Now check the tools and features on the plan
- Click on the 30-days trial
- Sign in to your Norton account
- Enter personal details and email address
- If you already have a Norton account, log in to it
- Provide the banking details
- Read the instruction and tap on Confirm button
Now open the registered mail and check for a Norton email. Hit on the link to download Norton setup. Run the setup to install on the system. Read and check the EULA page to continue the installation process. Now you can use Norton antivirus on the system for a month. If you don’t like the tools then cancel the 30-days trial plan, no money will be deducted from your account. You must cancel the program within 30 days. If you like the plan then use it without canceling. After 30-days the payment will automatically be deducted from your account.
Renew your Norton antivirus manually
If you disable the Norton auto-renewal, the plan will expire and the provided date. If you like the Norton plan and want to continue Norton protection then renew the subscription. You don’t have to create a new account. You can directly renew the Norton plan from the same account. Open your Norton account and check the subscription page. You will see Expired status next to the Norton plan. Go to the plan and tap on the Renew button. Norton renewal page will appear, select the renewal plan and then provide the details. If you want to try another Norton plan, purchase its subscription using the same account. But you have to remove the expired Norton setup before installing a new one. Remove the setup and files from the device. Restart the system and then install the new Norton program.