Phoenix is a city that has something for everyone. With its year-round warm weather and plethora of attractions, you can always find something to keep you busy. Some popular activities include visiting the city’s many museums, hiking in the nearby mountains, going for a swim at one of the area’s water parks or enjoying a day out on one of the area’s beautiful lakes.
1. Visit the Phoenix Zoo: The Phoenix Zoo is one of the largest non-profit zoos in the United States and is home to more than 1,400 animals.
2. Take a hike: With so much beautiful desert scenery surrounding the city, it would be a shame not to go for a hike while you’re in town. There are plenty of trails to choose from, depending on your fitness level.
3. Go swimming: Phoenix is home to some great water parks, such as Wet ‘n’ Wild and Big Surf. Or, if you’re looking for something a little more low-key, head to one of the city’s many public pools.
4. Play golf: Phoenix is a golfer’s paradise, with more than 200 golf courses to choose from.
5. Visit the Musical Instrument Museum: This world-renowned museum is a must-see for any music lover. It houses more than 6,500 musical instruments from around the world.
6. Shop at the Phoenix Flea Market: The Phoenix Flea Market is one of the largest in the country and is held every Saturday and Sunday. You’ll find everything from vintage clothing to handmade jewelry.
7. See a show at Comerica Theatre: This state-of-the-art theatre is one of the best places in town to see a concert or show. Past performers have included Lady Gaga, Kendrick Lamar, and Bruno Mars.
8. Watch a movie at Harkins Camelview 5: This luxury movie theatre features all of the latest blockbusters, plus comfortable reclining seats and a full bar.
9.Explore the Desert Botanical Garden: The Desert Botanical Garden is a must-see for any nature lover. It features more than 50,000 plants, including cacti and wildflowers.
10. Visit the Phoenix Art Museum: The Phoenix Art Museum is one of the largest art museums in the country and houses more than 18,000 works of art.
11. Attend a game at Chase Field: Chase Field is home to the Arizona Diamondbacks and is one of the best places in town to catch a baseball game.
12. Go to a Suns game: The Phoenix Suns are the city’s NBA team and play their home games at Talking Stick Resort Arena.
13. See a show at Arizona Broadway Theatre: This professional theatre company produces Broadway-style musicals and plays.
14. Take a hot air balloon ride: There’s no better way to see the city than from up high in a hot air balloon. Just be sure to book your ride in advance!
15. Visit the Desert Ridge Marketplace: This outdoor mall features more than 150 stores, plus restaurants and entertainment options.
16. Go stargazing at the Desert Hills Observatory: The Desert Hills Observatory is one of the best places in the city to go stargazing. It’s located just outside of town, so you’ll be away from the light pollution of the city.
17. Take a scenic drive: Phoenix is surrounded by some beautiful desert scenery. Take a drive on one of the many scenic routes, such as the Apache Trail or Sedona’s Red Rock Scenic Byway.
18. Visit Taliesin West: Taliesin West is the former winter home of famed architect Frank Lloyd Wright and is now a museum. It’s located in the foothills of the McDowell Mountains and offers beautiful views of the desert landscape.
19. Go horseback riding: There are plenty of places to go horseback riding in and around Phoenix. Or, if you’re feeling really adventurous, you can even go on a camel ride!
20. Enjoy a day out on the lake: Phoenix is home to several man-made lakes, such as Lake Pleasant and Canyon Lake. These lakes offer plenty of activities, such as swimming, fishing, kayaking, and more. The lakes near Phoenix are a pleasure to visit!
No matter what you’re into, Phoenix has something to offer this summer. With its year-round warm weather and plethora of attractions, you can always find something to keep you busy. Some popular activities include visiting the city’s many museums, hiking in the nearby mountains, going for a swim at one of the area’s water parks or enjoying a day out on one of the area’s beautiful lakes. So if you’re looking for some ideas on how to spend your summer vacation, be sure to check out this list!