e-Visa for Turkey information
The Turkey e-Visa is an electronic visa, introduced on 17 April 2013 by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Turkish Visa Online Eligibility, that allows foreign nationals to apply for their visa online without visiting the Turkish Embassy/Consulate.
Eligible travelers can apply for the Turkish visa online having only a valid passport, access to any online payment method, and adigital photo of the applicant’s face. Completing the application process takes only minutes and can be fully done from home.
The Turkey e-Visa is available as a single entry visa – for a 30-day stay and amultiple entry visa – for a 90-day stay. Both types stay valid for 90 days from the date of issue.
Turkish e-Visa processing time can take up to 3 business days or less, with an average of just 19 hours!
Travelers must enter Turkey within one month from the date of issue of the e-Visa and not later than 90 days after the issue date.
Please note! From March 2021, all travelers need a special Form for Entry to Turkey. The newly introduced health form must be presented along with a valid Turkey e-Visa upon arrival.
The Entry Form was introduced due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic to help reduce the virus spread.
Don’t forget to apply for the Entry Form online within 72 hours prior to the planned departure date.
Turkey e-Visa types
List of eligible countries and e-Visa requirements
Turkey e-Visa application form
Requirements on arrival
Turkey e-Visa Sample
- The validity of the Turkey e-Visa (6 months) begins on the date of issue
- Travelers must apply for their electronic visa at least 3 business days in advance of the travel
- All travelers must carry a printed copy of their online visa and present it, along with a valid passport, at their entry point into Turkey
- Every traveler must submit a separate e-Visa application
- Travelers transiting through Turkey are not required to obtain an electronic visa. However, transiters must remain within the transit area of the airport while awaiting their connecting flight. Otherwise, you need an electronic entry permit
- An e-Visa does not give you the right to seek or participate in work activities within Turkey.If you are traveling to seek work, you must apply for a traditional Embassy visa
- You cannot extend your electronic Turkish Visa US Citizens or overstay under any circumstances. Doing so may lead to fines or deportation; you may even be banned from future travels to this country