India’s tourism industry is not only growing at a fast pace, but it is also diversifying itself to accommodate the different forms of tourism that people from around the world engage in today. This makes India one of the top tourist destinations around the world.
The Indian government in 2014 rolled out the electronic travel authorization which allows travelers from 166 countries to easily apply for an INDIAN VISA FOR SWEDISH CITIZENS. The entire application process is online and is quite convenient as travelers are saved the trouble of having to visit a local embassy or consulate in order to apply for the visa or submit their documents. Once the online application is completed in a few simple steps, the applicants receive their eVisa via email, which saves them a lot of time and effort.
There are also a several types of Indian eVisas that Swedish nationals can apply for depending on the reasons that compel them to travel to the country. If the purpose of the trip is tourism, then Swedish travelers can apply for an Indian eTourist visa. The eBusiness visa is for travelers interested in traveling to India in order to engage in business. Finally, the eMedical visa is for travelers intending to visit the country to seek medical treatment. There is also the eMedical-Attendant visa for those people traveling to the country with someone who will be undergoing medical treatment in the country.
Do Swedish Passport Holders Need an eVisa for India?
The Indian government requires that all foreigners traveling to India obtain an Indian visa prior to arriving in the country. For Swedish citizens, there are several visa options available to choose from depending on the nature of their intended trip to the country. Travelers are encouraged to look through the list of Indian eVisas and apply for one that is suitable for their travel needs. Each visa type also has its own set of requirements that travelers will have to adhere to so travelers will have to select one carefully.
What Documents do Swedes Need to Get an Indian eVisa?
Regardless of which eVisa Swedish citizens will be applying for, all applicants of the Indian eVisa will need to have:
- A valid email address,
- A valid passport
- Valid debit/credit card
Travelers will need to consider the following eligibility requirements before applying for an Indian eTourist visa:
- The Indian eTourist visa is valid for 90 days
- The Indian eTourist visa is non-extendable and non-convertible
- Travelers arriving in Indian on an Indian eTourist visa must have a passport that is valid for at least 6 months from the date of their arrival in the country
- Travelers must also have two blank pages on their passports that can be stamped with entry/exit stamps
- Travelers must have a return ticket or a ticket of onward travel while applying for the Indian eTourist visa
- Travelers must carry their approved eTourist visa with them at all times during their stay in India
- Parents cannot include their children on their eVisa application
- Each applicant must have his/her own passport irrespective of their age
- Diplomatic passport holders and those holding International Travel Documents are not eligible to apply for the Indian eVisa
- Travelers can apply for the Indian eTourist visa a maximum of two times during a given year
The Indian government requires that travelers arriving in India on an eTourist visa arrive through one of 28 designated ports of entry and 5 seaports. However, travelers have more flexibility in departure as they can leave through any of the Authorized Immigration Check Posts.
If the traveler plans to arrive in the country by land or by sea, he/she will have to obtain an Indian visa through a local Indian Embassy or Consulate.
How Long Does It Take to Get an Indian eVisa from Sweden?
The process of applying for an Indian eTourist visa is quite simple. Once the application is submitted, it can take up to 4 business days for the traveler to receive his/her eVisa. It can also take longer if the traveler needs to submit additional evidence supporting the information provided on the form.
How Can Citizens of Sweden Apply for an Indian eVisa?
Swedish travelers can begin applying for the INDIAN VISA FOR SPANISH CITIZENS using the India Online eVisa website. The eTourist visa application will ask the applicant to list some personal information such as:
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- Expected Ports of Entry/Exit
- Passport Details
Travelers may also be asked questions regarding their:
- Marital status
- Educational background
- Professional qualifications
- Travel Details
- Countries visited in the last 10 years
In certain cases, travelers are asked to submit scanned copies of the page that contains the biographical page on their passport along with a recent color photo of themselves. The photo needs to follow the following specifications:
- The face must be in the center
- The face must be showing from the crown to the tip of the chin
- The photo must be in focus
- The face must be clearly visible
Traveler can also expect to answer certain security questions as part of completing the application. There is also a processing fee associated with submitting the eTourist visa application. This fee can be paid using a valid debit/credit card.
While completing the application travelers must ensure that the information they are entering on the form, matches the information shown on their passport if they are to avoid travel delays or a denial of visa. Traveler will have an opportunity to check the information they have entered one last time before submitting the application for consideration.
Leave a Reply