Howgoodismypassword. Com is a website that tells you about your password strength. In this hacking era, passwords should be set with deep concentration and they must be strong so that no one can easily crack yours.
In order to protect your accounts whether they are social media accounts or your bank account, clear your doubts by checking your password strength from safe platforms. This website helps you in making your password strong but is it safe to use? Let’s learn this in this blog!
What is Howgoodismypassword Com used for?
Picture From Facebook.com
This website allows you to test your password strength, when you visit the website, you will be required to type your password in the blank space, then after processing it will show you the results. It’s simple right?
It is hosted somewhere in the United States of America and it was created on 5-10-2020 that means it is not that old, we have to search about its legitimacy so keep reading to know more!
Why is it important to Secure a Password?
Password strength indicates how secure your account is, if you set your password weak, there are more chances that your account gets hacked. So you should secure your account by setting strong passwords to ensure your privacy. It’s critical to protect your password since if it’s compromised, you’ll face plenty of issues, including:
- The hacker could steal your personal information.
- Your bank accounts could be hacked and the hacker will steal your money.
- You could fall into identity theft which results in many issues for your future.
- If you run any business, your data and policies could be shared with your competitors.
Is Howgoodismypassword. Com safe to use?
This is not a famous website and the traffic is also low on this website. We are unable to find any proof that supports its legitimacy so that’s why we will not consider this website a safe platform to type your passwords because it looks suspicious.
Additionally, this website has a below-average rating so it is hard to say that it is safe, there is a chance that your passwords could be stolen. Considering all of this information, that we were able to gather, we are not sure to say anything about its safety.
We don’t want your passwords and other personal information stolen by anyone that’s why we added some tips to create strong passwords so read this blog till the end!
Tips to Create Secure Passwords:
You should create a strong password in the first place by following our tips so you won’t be required any tool or website, to check the strength of your password, which is quite risky too. Here are some tips that will help you make your password strong:
- Do not set short passwords because according to our research they are more likely to get hacked than long passwords.
- Set your password by mixing numbers, letters, and characters, do not use only one thing.
- Set different passwords for different accounts, do not set the same password for all your accounts.
- Never use your personal information in your passwords including address or phone number.
- Don’t set your passwords on the names of your kids, wife, or pet because they are easy to guess.
- Using a single word for creating a password is also considered as weak.
How to protect your account passwords?
Weak passwords could make you a victim of hacking, but don’t worry, after creating a strong password by following our tips, let’s learn how to stay safe by securing your account passwords.
- If you often forget your passwords and for this reason, you are saving them somewhere, don’t write full passwords, rather write something (any clue) that will help you in remembering.
- For your protection, install anti-malware software in your system that will instantly inform you about any suspicious activity.
- Turn on two-way authentication on your accounts that will help you in knowing if anyone gets access to your account.
- Keep your system and applications up to date, we know it’s frustrating but is important for your account’s security.
- Do not click on any suspicious links, only click on those you trust otherwise you would be redirected and get your account hacked.
Howgoodismypassword. Com is not a popular website and it looks suspicious due to the reasons mentioned in this blog. A secure password is important otherwise you would lose either your money or reputation, or for this reason, Howgoodismypassword claims to check the strength of your password without compromising its security.
However, we cannot trust any website with our passwords, especially the new websites that claim to be able to determine the password strength that’s why we shared some tips to create a strong password in the first place.
Read more interesting articles at Wirelly