The new sessions and the final exams of Class 11 CBSE boards appear near, so students must be looking for all the syllabus for their exams. To fulfill the requirement of that exam resources, you need to continue this article till the end. Here we will provide you with the syllabus for class 11 Business Studies, which will benefit all the commerce students. This article will benefit both the exam appearing and newly admitted students. This is because both need to analyze the pattern and topic of the subjects very well.
After the syllabus discussion, stay with the article since we will provide you with the way to one of the most relevant places for learning the Class 11 Business studies syllabus. Also, the platform that we will discuss will be free of cost. Students need to Join CBSE Class 11 Online Classes at Vidya Setu. Let us explore it further in the article itself.
CBSE Class 11 Commerce curriculum
CBSE has released a new curriculum for the Class 11 Business students and a new pattern. The students need to appear for two terms, term one and term 2. Qualifying in both exams will let you achieve your mark sheet. Let us first see what the topics in the Class 11 Business Studies curriculum are,
|Chapter 1- Business, Trade, and Commerce|
|Chapter 2- Forms of Business Organisations|
|Chapter 3- Public, Private and Global Enterprises|
|Chapter 4- Business Services|
|Chapter 5- Emerging Model of Businesses|
|Chapter 6- Social Responsibility of Businesses and Business Ethics|
|Chapter 7- Formation of a Company|
|Chapter 8- Sources of Business Finance|
|Chapter 9- Small Business|
|Chapter 10- Internal Trade|
|Chapter 11- International Busines|
CBSE Class 11 Commerce Syllabus
Now let us go through the detailed syllabus of Class 11 Business Studies. This will allow students to know the topics in their syllabus. Class 11 Business Studies is divided into Part A and Part B.
Part A: Foundation of Business (Term 1)
Unit 1: Evolution and Fundamentals of Business
- History of Trade and Commerce in India
- Business – meaning and characteristics
- Business, profession, and employment Concept
- Objectives of business
- Classification of business activities – Industry and Commerce
- Industry-types: primary, secondary, tertiary Meaning and subgroups
- Business risk-Concept
Unit 2: Forms of Business organisations
- Sole Proprietorship-Concept, merits, and limitations.
- Partnership-Concept, types, merits and limitation of partnership, registration of a partnership firm, partnership deed. Types of partners
- Hindu Undivided Family Business: Concept
- Cooperative Societies-Concept, merits, and limitations
- Company – Concept, merits and limitations
- Formation of company
Unit 3: Public, Private and Multinational Company
- Public sector and private sector enterprises – Concept
- Forms of public sector enterprises
Unit 4: Business Services
- Business services – meaning and types. Banking
- Banking services with particular reference to Bank Draft, Bank Overdraft, Cash credit. E-Banking meaning, Types of digital payments
- Insurance – Principles. Types – life, health, fire and marine insurance – concept
Unit 5: Emerging Modes of Business
Unit 6: Social Responsibility of Business and Business Ethics
- Concept of social responsibility
- Case of social responsibility
- Responsibility towards owners, investors, consumers, employees, government, and community
- Role of business in environment protection
Part B: Finance and Trade (Term 2)
Unit 7: Sources of Business Finance
- Business finance: Concept and Importance
- Owners’ funds- equity shares, preferences share retained earnings. Global Depository Receipt (GDR), American Depository Receipt (ADR), and International Depository Receipt (IDR)
- Borrowed funds: debentures and bonds, loans from financial institutions and commercial banks, public deposits, trade credit
Unit 8: Small Business and Entrepreneurship Development
- Entrepreneurship Development (ED). Process of Entrepreneurship Development: Start-up India Scheme, ways to fund the start-up. Intellectual Property Rights and Entrepreneurship
- Small scale enterprise as defined by MSMED Act 2006 (Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise Development Act)
- Role of small business in India with special reference to rural areas
- Government schemes and agencies for small scale industries
Unit 9: Internal Trade
- Internal trade – meaning and types services rendered by a wholesaler and a retailer
- Large scale retailers-Departmental stores, chain stores – concept
Unit 10: International Trade
- International trade: concept and benefits
Class 11 Business Studies Exam Pattern
As per the new scheme of CBSE class 11, the exam pattern of Business Studies is as follows:
|Units||Term 1- MCQ Based Question Paper||Periods||Marks|
|Part A||Foundations of Business|
|1||Evolution and Fundamentals of Business||18||16|
|2||Forms of Business Organisations||20|
|3||Public, Private, and Global Enterprises||10||14|
|5||Emerging Modes of Business||05||10|
|6||Social Responsibility of Business and Business Ethics||08|
|Project Work (Part 1)||10|
|Units||Term 2 Subjective Question Paper||Periods||Marks|
|Part B||Finance and Trade|
|7||Sources of Business Finance||28||20|
|8||Small Business and Entrepreneurship Development||16|
|Project Work (Part-2)||10|
Complete class 11 Business Studies syllabus with online classes
After discussing the syllabus and the exam pattern for the exam, let us see the most reliable source to learn that syllabus. As mentioned earlier, Vidya Setu is an online platform that provides video lectures for all classes 11 and 12. Here, the students get the classes and get the study materials and the practise papers. Many more things feature Vidya Setu and make it the most reliable place to study. Now, let us go through those features that make it the best online platform for class 11 Business Studies.
- Vidya Setu offers life and recorded classes to the students for their convenience.
- The video lectures are available on the website and app that students can download and watch anytime.
- High-quality video lectures for the entire syllabus that is free of cost.
- Study materials, pdf of chapters, solutions all are available in one place in Vidya Setu.
- Online doubt solving sessions and frequent mock tests for better preparation.
Hence, all these points collectively prove that Vidya Setu is the ultimate destination for high-quality, timely course completion.
Hence, online platforms are the most convenient and easiest way to complete their syllabus. And among those several online options available, Vidya Setu is the leading one. Vidya Seyu includes all the prime and basic requirements of Class 11 Business Studies students. Along with it, all the services that you grab here are free of cost. Therefore, if you will appear in the Business Studies Exam of Class 11, then learn from Vidya Setu.
Leave a Reply