Cigar packaging has come a long way since the days of simple, brown paper bags. Modern cigar boxes can feature beautiful artwork, sophisticated labeling systems, and even special features like humidors. Whether you’re just starting out in the cigar world or you’re looking to take your game up a notch, there’s a custom cigar boxes that will fit your needs.
What is a Cigar Box?
A cigar box is a decorative and functional container made of wood or other materials, typically with a hinged lid, for holding cigars. The term may also be used for similar containers for pipe tobacco, cheroot, and other smoking articles.
What Makes a Good Cigar Box?
The best cigar boxes are made from high-quality materials, have a unique design, and are properly constructed. Here are some factors to consider when choosing a cigar box:
- Material. The material a cigar box is made from can make a big difference in the overall quality of the box. Common materials used for cigar boxes include wood, leather, and cloth.
- Design. A good cigar box should have a unique design that stands out from the competition. Some popular designs include vintage-style boxes, latched boxes, and embossed boxes.
- Construction. A good cigar box should be properly constructed to hold your cigars securely and protect them from moisture and dust. Poorly constructed boxes can often collapse or leak, which can damage your cigars and/or your humidor.
How to Make Your Own Cigar Boxes
Cigar boxes are the perfect way to enhance your cigar packaging. Not only do they look great, but they can also protect your cigars and keep them fresh. Here’s how you can make your own cigar boxes:
- Start by tracing a box template onto cardboard or paper. The template should be large enough to accommodate the size of your cigars, but not so large that it becomes difficult to work with.
- Once the template is drawn, cut out the box using a Craft knife or scissors. Make sure to account for any folds or creases in the original template.
- Next, cut a piece of cardstock to fit inside of the box. The cardstock should be slightly smaller than the width of the opening on the sides of the box (this will allow you to easily remove the cigars when you’re ready to smoke them).
- Glue the cardstock inside of the openings on the sides of the cigar box, making sure to evenly distribute the glue around each edge. Allow the glue to dry completely before filling in any additional details on the cardstock.
- Finally, fill in any additional details on the cardstock that you feel are important for your
Advantages of Cigar Boxes
Cigar boxes are a great way to improve the overall look and feel of your cigar packaging. They come in many different styles, colors, and sizes, so you can find the perfect one for your brand. Here are some of the advantages of using cigar boxes:
- They’re eye-catching. When people see a cigar packed in a box, they immediately think of luxury and class.
- They’re sturdy. A good cigar box will last longer than a standard cardboard box.
- They’re weatherproof. If you store your cigars in a humid environment, a cigar box will protect them from moisture damage.
- They’re recyclable. Most cigar boxes can be recycled into other items, such as shipping boxes or storage boxes.
If you’re anything like me, you love a good cigar. But sometimes, the box it comes in just doesn’t cut it. Whether you want to show off your smoking skills or simply stand out from the pack, adding a little bit of flair to your cigar packaging is essential. And what better way than with a cigar box? Not only are they stylish and unique, but they also come complete with all the tools you need to perfect your smoke. So if you’re looking for an extra dose of awesomeness when it comes to your cigars, give a custom printed cigar boxes a try!