CA is one of the reputed professions in India. One of the reasons people choose the CA course is due to the high CA Salary in India. But how much a Chartered Accountant earns in India?
The average salary of a CA in India is high, but earning a package in Lakhs takes a lot of hard work, and discipline to clear CA exams with an AIR. With these three aspects, proper guidance is also necessary.
Now, let’s move on to know everything about the CA salary in India.
Average CA Salary in Indiaand other Countries-
The constant growth and demand in the finance sector led to the increasing demand for CA jobs in India. The average CA Salary in India per annum starts from 6-7 lacs rupees and can rise to 40 lacs rupees.
Various factors affect the starting salary of ca in India per month, such as the number of attempts, locality, experience, etc., which we will discuss later. The highest salary for CA in India is offered by the Big 4 firms. If we talk about CA salary outside India per annum, the bar is higher than what is offered in India.
Not just in India, CA is a reputed profession across the world. CA salary varies from country to country, depending upon HR values and the standard of living of each country, as per ICAI reports. Here is the table of CA salaries in other countries-
|Australia||AU$ 74.1K||AU$ 64.5K||AU$ 113.2K|
|Dubai||AED 100K||AED 123K||AED 615K|
|India||INR 698K||INR 744K||INR 2M|
Factors Affecting CA Salary in India–
The Chartered Accountant’s salary is affected by various factors. So the 05 factors that affect CA salary in India are skills, years of experience, job profile, recruitment location, and company. Hence, now let’s look at each factor individually and determine the average CA salary based on the following factors-
The CA fresher salary in India is based on their knowledge, skills, and the number of attempts they took to clear the CA final exam.
|Several Attempts||Single Attempt||Salary of A CA Topper|
|₹ 6-9 lacs||₹ 11-15 lacs||₹ 16-25 lacs|
Based on Skills
If CA possesses skills like controlling, budget management, auditing, strategic accounts, etc., they are paid based on these skills. CA are paid according to their compliance, analytical, and reporting skills.
Additionally, they are expected to have few technical skills like auditing, financial, and budget management skills for a high salary.
|CA Skills Required||Average CA Salary in India|
|Budget Management||10 Lacs|
|Strategic Accounts||9 Lacs|
|Evaluation and Management Auditing||8.5 Lacs|
|Financial Analysis||8.5 Lacs|
|Financial Advisory||8.5 Lacs|
|SAP Financial Accounting and Controlling||8.5 Lacs|
|Financial Reporting||8.5 Lacs|
|Internal Audit||7 Lacs|
|Tax Consulting||7 Lacs|
|Tax Compliance||7 Lacs|
Based on Experience
Another factor affecting CA salary in India is Experience. When companies appoint CA, they also see their work experience. So below is the salary range based on work experience-
|Work Experience in years||Average CA salary in India|
|0-5 years experience||6-9 Lacs|
|5-10 years of experience||12-15 Lacs|
|10-20 years of experience||20-22 Lacs|
|Above 20 years of experience||60-70 Lacs|
Based on the Job Profile
The job profile of CA is not limited to taxes and accounts and offers a wide range of posts with different departments. The Chartered Accountant’s salary varies with the posts he is recruited for.
|Job Profile||Average CA salary in India|
|Finance Officer||35 Lacs|
|Account Executive||25 Lacs|
|Finance Controller||20 Lacs|
|Finance Manager||11 Lacs|
|Financial Analyst||6-7 Lacs|
|Assistant Account manager||5 Lacs|
|Senior Account Executive||4 Lacs|
|Business Analyst||4 Lacs|
|Senior Accountant||3.5 Lacs|
|Account Assistant||2 Lacs|
Based on Recruitment Location
With skills, job profile, and experience, recruitment location is another factor that determines the CA salary. It is because the companies pay as per the city’s pay scale. Additionally, metropolitan cities have higher CA salaries in India than other cities.
|Recruitment City||Average CA Salary in India|
Highest Paying Company
The companies in which a CA is working also play a crucial role in its salary. Many companies including Big 4 companies, offers flattering salary to CA. Some high-paying companies are listed below-
|Companies||Highest Salary of CA|
|Hindustan Unilever Ltd||₹ 10-36 Lacs|
|Reliance Industries||₹ 25-45 Lacs|
|Deloitte||₹ 14-35 Lacs|
|KPMG||₹ 14-32 Lacs|
|ICICI Bank||₹ 11-27 Lacs|
|ITC||₹ 10-25 Lacs|
|TATA||₹ 10-22 Lacs|
How to Get a High CA Salary?
- Getting a good rank in CA final exams increases the chances of landing a good CA salary package in India. So, if you are a rank holder in CA exams, then your starting CA salary could be 18-20 lacs.
- Students having fewer attempts have a better chance of landing an excellent job profile in their lap. So these candidates are shortlisted for Big 4 firms, with other top companies in India who have cleared CA finals in 01 or 02 attempts.
- Getting good marks in the entry-level CA exam is considered, but CA Final marks are what most companies believe. CA exam marks are considered after several attempts. What you learned during CPT, IPCC, and CA Final helps you clear the Final. So, obtaining good marks is necessary for excellent selection and package.
- Practical training during articleship helps to clear CA final exam on the first attempt. Further, it gives the practical training and knowledge that helps you sit in front of the interviewer with confidence and increases your chance of getting shortlisted. Additionally, a good articleship experience counts and companies pay a higher salary to these candidates.
- Excellent communication skill is necessary for any interview or job. It is one skill every CA aspirant must have to influence the interviewer. Also, it helps to boost the impression and representation and can help you get a good starting CA salary in India.
Chartered Accountant jobs are increasing with time and are among the handsomely paid jobs. If you’re an aspiring CA candidate and want to grab an excellent CA Salary in India, then join VSI Jaipur, the best CA coaching in India. They help students to work on their skills and improve their chance of clearing the CA Final exam on the first attempt. They provide personalized guidance and mock test to help students work on weak topics and quality teaching with effective study plans and test patterns.
Leave a Reply